Saturday, April 27, 2013

A little note of progress ~


From all the weekly readings in WRIT2011 so far, there has been one that has really stood out to me: Mara Einstein’s piece entitled ‘The evolution of religious branding’. What I found fascinating about this article was the was that Einstein analyzed particular advertisement champagnes and websites belonging to different religious denominations. She paid particular attention to Scientology and the Mormon Church. It was really interesting to critically reflect upon the marketing techniques that religious groups use, as it seems almost contradictory that the spiritual organizations feel the need to preach their ideas on a mass scale in order to recruit members.

So as I have been thinking about these ideas, I realized that I wanted to take some of Einstein’s ideas, and focus them into my final piece of assessment for WRIT2011. It’s all still a bit hazey in my head at the moment, but I would really like to focus on two different advertisement campaigns or websites (or both) and look in detail at the marketing techniques and media ideas they use, and why they feel the need to do this. For me, it seems like such a perfect fit as I am currently in my final year of a media studies, communications and religion degree.

Hopefully I can refine my ideas a little more, and find some examples that are really exciting to look at. Lets see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment